Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's

On April Fool's day I used to go all out. I sewed all Mike's pant legs closed one year so he couldn't put them on, I put a diaper (when Clara was tiny) squirted with mustard in the bottom of his back pack, and other such tricks. Then Mike started playing tricks back, I didn't like it as much. He dumped a cup of water on me in bed one April Fool's morning and hid my car keys (he aparently left a note as to where to find them, but I didn't see it). So last year the joke was, there was no joke. He kept waiting for it all day and it never came (really I was just to lazy to think of one).

This year I played little jokes on the girls. I turned their oatmeal green and macaroni blue (Hannah didn't eat either very well). Then the "big" joke of the day was dinner, and I completely forgot Mike wouldn't be around so it wasn't as big. I cooked "cupcakes" for dinner. The girls were excited. Then Clara tasted hers after we blew out candles, "hey, my frosting tastes like mashed potatoes?" Yup, Meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting. Hannah was really disappointed and kept asking for a cupcake. I did make it up to them and let them have ice-cream with sprinkles for dessert. But I feel a little bad still. Maybe April Fool's day is just too cruel and we should bag it. Oh, well until next year...

5 comments:

Stapley Clan said...

Yeah, I made jello "juice" for dinner. It was hilarious watching the boys try to drink it, until C started to cry. At least V thought it was funny. (Though he tried to convince me that he knew it was a joke the entire time).

Britt said...

This whole April Fool's thing must be in the Zobell blood.

FarrEver Family said...

I thought that was cute. Kids can have no sense of humor sometimes.;) I miss you. Let's get together soon.

Jeana said...

I need to be better about making April fools day more fun for my family... we didn't even do anything this year. You are such a cute mom! I am coming out to Utah the end of this month. We should try to meet up. It will just be Gabriella and I since I am flying out to be at my close mission friends wedding.

Mandy said...

that is so funny! i can not believe how big your kids are getting. tell them all hi for us. we are coming to utah in june. we should try to meet up for lunch or at a park.