Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Interesting Tidbit or Useless Information


So we went for a hike, I know fairly unbelievable. It actually was a great accomplishment. It has rained everyday I've been here, well almost. So we hiked in the rain. While we were hiking Mike shared some tour guide info with me. The ponderosa pine trees pictured here, do not grow in the Wasatch range. But why, is a big mystery. They grow in all other similar regions. It will grow if you plant it, but it is not indigenous. A bit of a small mystery. They usually grow in the elevations between juniper bushes and evergreens, but in the Wasatch it just skips over these wonderful ponerosas. And now you know.

1 comment:

Kara said...

That's interesting! In Colorado there's Ponderosa's everywhere! Oh, I miss CO! I'm going there for a visit in a couple weeks and I can't wait! So, how is Spokane treating you guys? I think I told you, my best friend from home lives on the ID side of Spokane and she's been complaining of the weather all winter. I bet now it's looking pretty and green though. Vegas is so ugly and hot! I would love some green and rain right now!