We discovered the little spokane river which was a very fun 10 mile paddle. We rented a canoe and borrowed some life jackets from our neighbor. Unfortunately, we forgot paddles. A nice man from the Spokane canoe club let me borrow his spare. Heidi had her arms full anyway so we really only needed one paddle.
It was so nice that Hannah decided to take a nap. When we returned our life jackets to our neighbor he told me he capsized running the river last year. He asked me if I had much canoeing experience. I told him a little bit in Canada and on the Snake river. He told me he learned to canoe in scouts. Go figure.
Wild iris were blooming all along the river. We also saw some herons which use the area as a rookery, a turtle, a beaver, some fish and other lgb's "little grey birds". I got to complete a Canadian triathlon. Portage, paddle, and then bike back to the put in for the car. Add two kids and that makes a great work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment