Friday, September 19, 2008

Traditions...




I'm actually hoping this isn't a tradition, but it seems to be going that way. Yesterday while I was at a meeting at church, Hannah and Clara were playing quitely by me with a couple of other kids. I was chatting with the other ladies when one of them quickly tried to jump up and save Hannah from the large folded banquet table she was pulling from its resting place on the wall onto herself. Hannah was behind me so I got there first, but just in time too see the table squish her poor little leg. She cried for a really long time. I couldn't get her to stop. So I excused myself from the meeting and took her and Clara home. She finally calmed down, but didn't really want to walk on her leg. I paged Mike and got his opinion on what I should do. He was working in a pediatric clinic and asked another doctor his opinion. We decided to wait and see if it got better. Hannah would walk on it, but would always limp. So this morning we took her to the Urgent Care Clinic to have it x-rayed. Sure enough it's broken. It's a buckle fracture just like Clara had at 13 months. But Hannah may have a small spiral fracture as well. We'll have to wait until the Orthopods call on Monday to see if they will cast it. For now she gets to wear a splint up to her mid-thigh, at least Clara's was only up to her knee so she could crawl. Hopefully Hannah's cast will be shorter as well, if she gets one. So let's hope it's not a tradition in our family to have a broken leg before you are two!

7 comments:

Shawn and Ali said...

Oh that is so sad...

Anonymous said...

Poor Hannah. It's a good thing that Mike's already a doctor.

Dallin said...

The poor girl! I almost cried for her -- not that I'm extra emotional or anything. Those little casts do look cute though.

FarrEver Family said...

Poor Hannah. Poor Heidi! I hop youguys are hanginh in there. Ya know I am always willing to give you a break! Call if you need anything. We hope to see you soon!

The Petterssons said...

Poor Hannah! Imagine wearing a cast for 6 months of your life...Cassie had to, but at least she didn't have a fracture! Hope you guys are doing well!

Danielle said...

I'm sorry to hear that - little kids have a way of getting them into trouble, don't they? I'm horrible, but I have to say she looks so cute in her cast. :)

Jeana said...

poor thing! Crazy that I am the one with both boys yet you are the one that has dealt with casts... ;)The way Landon tried to pluge off things...I consider myself lucky thus far... so I won't jinx it.