Friday, September 19, 2008

Enjoying the Harvest


So we've been bad a blogging lately. What have we been doing? Going to the park, loving the good weather, playing with friends, preschool, and most of all enjoying the harvest. We got two boxes of fresh peaches and bottled 4 batches (28 jars) of peaches. Mike and I love doing this together. We put the kids to bed and use every burner on the stove. We get to sit and chat while we are up to our elbows in peaches. I always feel so tired by the time we put the girls down that I don't really feel like being that productive, but once we get started, I remember how much I love it. Last year we did peaches, pears, beets, tomatoes, salsa, and spagetti sauce. This year we will just have to settle for peaches, we didn't bring all our jars with us and we didn't know how much time Mike would really have. But we will love enjoying our peaches all winter.


We have also been eating lots of tomato sandwiches and corn. We decided to do something fun and different I had never tried. Me and the girls made corn husk dolls. It really wasn't bad. We had to dry the corn husks in the sun for several days, I left them out there probably longer than was necessary. Then we soaked the skins and made the dolls. I think they turned out really cute. Hannah's doesn't have hair, or I'm sure it would end up all over the house, actually I'm waiting for the hair on Clara's to be everywhere soon. I'm excited they actually seem to really like the dolls, Hannah especially. Clara was excited because they smell like corn and she really likes corn.

No comments: