Thursday, December 17, 2009

White Elephant


Mike and I went to a white elephant party last weekend. One of the lovely white elephants we came home with was a brand new stuffed "giant microbe" of gonorrhea. It is kind of a cute little critter despite his horrible nature. I thought Luke may like it. He likes stuffed animals and this guys has two big eyes. He didn't get much of a chance to check it out, Clara has latched on to Gonorrhea.

If Luke gets it, she will trade her favorite doll (Honeydew) for it. Luke has never been allowed to play with Honeydew before. She is usually protected with the blanket and small stuffed Shamu, carried everywhere in the house and taken to bed. Apparently gonorrhea is loved more, it has usurped Honeydews place in bed and as a treasured item (ew). Clara accidentally threw it down the laundry shoot the other day when she was putting her dirty clothes in. There were some major water works, despite the fact that we walked down stairs and got it right away.

We've explained that this is a bad bug, and kind of gross. That is how we convinced her not to take it for show and tell, but she still wants to sleep with it and carry it around. So now I guess we have a new favorite toy. Thanks Danielle for a much loved white elephant.

4 comments:

Shay said...

That is too funny! I would love to see her teacher's face when she explained what she had brought to school!

Britt said...

I would love to hear about gonorrhea at show and tell.

sarahz said...

ha! that is too funny! i can't believe she would be willing to give up honeydew for gonorrhea.

Danielle said...

You're very welcome! I'm just so happy to see gonorrhea put to good use. We've also got herpes if one of your other kids needs a new favorite toy. :)