Still waiting for "baby ume." When there were no signs of imminent arrival yesterday. I took the kids up to Reynold's peak. I had a couple of early mornings and late nights this week so I figured Heidi could use a day to herself. The trail up to dog like was like being at Costco on a Saturday but with people and dogs. Gratefully, once we made the turn off the main trail to Reynold's we didn't see anyone else. Occasionally we heard a strange chorus of howling dogs.
Lunch was courtesy of the Murray Farmer's market: July Flame peaches, goat cheese, honey oat bread, and of course trail mix.
The girls were excellent hikers and pretended they were exploring the jungle for a lot of the hike. Hannah told me, "If we find any poisonous spiders let's not cook them. I don't want to eat poisonous spiders." We've started watching Man vs. Wild and on the last episode they cooked and ate a large jungle tarantula. I told Hannah she had nothing to worry about.
A beautiful field of asters greeted us at the top. Asters are "fall flowers" and stay blooming long after others are starting to fade.
Victory celebration.
So dirty and so happy.
He didn't even stop playing in the rocks and dirt at the top to talk to Mama who wisely sat this one out.




No comments:
Post a Comment