Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween 2011

At our house we don't need a reason to dress up.  
Whether it's story time at the library,
using leftover feathers from a craft (feathers in your hair are all the rage I hear),
playing Starwars with balloons,
or just dressing up at grandma's and grandpa's house.
we love dressing up.

So it's no surprise that Halloween is always greatly anticipated.  I think Clara and Hannah can tell you what they are going to be for the next three years.
My sister Betsy threw a little party for the local cousins.  We painted pumpkins (Luke is a little messy, that's why he's missing a shirt.), went on a scavenger hunt and even went pumpkin bowling. But this is the only picture I took.

Grandma and Grandpa had a party this year too.  I got a few more pictures there.
Two excited little Indian Princesses.
A shark with his ghost at the witches brew.
Bobbing for apples, some bobbed...

but sharks just grab and eat.
I'm not sure why, but donuts are a always a Halloween tradition.  

And my personal favorite, watching the kids throw flour coated marshmallows at grandpa.
Some had to get really close to get a hit.
All that and it wasn't even Halloween yet.
The Crew.
 An Indian Princess 
 A shark, or a boy being eaten by a shark
 Another Indian Princess
A very sleepy strawberry
 The trick-or-treating crew (the babies didn't get to go)
 I love the first time a kid goes trick-or-treating.  It's so fun to see their reaction.  It's like they're thinking, "You mean all I have to do is dress-up like I do every other day and say some magic words and they give me candy."
  Life is good.  Hope your Halloween was magical too.

1 comment:

Jonathon said...

What cute kids! Thanks for sharing!