What where your favorites of 2011? This is a list of some of our favorites this last year, some of them are new, others new to us or rediscovered.
Books:
1. Harry Potter #1,2- read these with Clara. When she told me the kids were playing harry potter at school and she didn't know how to play I figured it was time to start the series.
2. Peter Pan- pirates, mermaids, flying. Doesn't get much better.
3. The Piggie and Gerald Books- Clara loves to read these ones and I usually laugh too.
4. Unbroken- made me grateful to be alive, to be a runner, and to be an American, and gave me another reason to not complain.
5. Cutting for stone- listened to this over many, many, many runs. A little disappointed in the ending but a great medical narrative.
6. Nine unlikely tales- e.e.nesbitt, free on librivox, great hiking stories.
7. The hunger games- a guilty pleasure
8. Moominpappa's memoirs- our kids love the moomin books. We unknowingly bought a pillow in Japan with a picture of snufkin on it. Heidi still loves that pillow. I bought the first book as a Christmas present for Heidi a long time ago and we finally dusted it off and now have fallen in love with the series.
9. The fly guy series- easy readers that make me laugh.
10. The children of noisy village- Hannah is staying awake for these innocent stories. That's saying something.
Movies/TV
1. The best years of our lives- the stories of three returning vets from WW2. The veteran functioning with upper extremities prosthetics is the essence of my field of medicine.
2. The nun's story- I had no idea it was so tough to become a nun. I always thought becoming a nun was a froofy sound of music deal. I'm glad my daughters won't have to become nuns if they want to go into the medical field.
3. 180 degrees south- sometimes still wish I could just be a bum that just goes around hiking all the time, my dad has taught me that's what retirement is for
4. Gnomeo and Juliet- very funny.
5. Kid History- on youtube. Mormon adults acting out stories told by kids.
6. Phineas and Ferb- discovered them this year. There you are perry.
7. Pucca Kung Fu kisses- a little strange but funny.
8. Modern Family- still making us laugh. Only show we wait through adds for.
Music
1. Good advice- Song by Keller Williams- "Never pick your toes and then pick your nose" nuff said.
2. Mama tooted- also by KW- "I'm going to blame it on Mama . . . all night" both of these songs were from KW's kid album.
3. Furr- blitzen trapper- Thanks Ann.
4. Distance- Cake- old song but a great running song that always gives me a little more kick.
5. 2Cellos- classical renditions of U2 and michael jackson songs etc.
6. Single Ladies- the girls love this song. Curse you chipmunks.
7. The Avett brothers
Grateful for all the good things we found in 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment