Friday, February 24, 2012

Harry-man

We love going to Harriman State Park with Mike's family.  This year was no exception.  It was fantastic.  Mike and I were a little worried there wouldn't be enough snow to ski in, but there was no reason to fear.
This is where I fell into waist deep snow trying to follow Mike and the kids.  I had one ski on and a baby on my chest.  I was stuck.  Thanks for saving me Pat.

Enough snow for snow caves.  
True to Hannah, I'm not sure what face she's making, but let's call it a "bear face."
There was plenty of playtime with the cousins.
When Mike was young his grandma always had a bunch of red plastic cups around to build with and play games.  I was a little skeptical that they could be that much fun, but I was happily surprised with the amount of time the kids spent building with them.  One morning Mike even helped build a structure to the ceiling.  
With Mike's sister's twins who are about 5 months older than Charlotte, and her we had lots of baby playing time.
Love those pudgy cheeks.

 Every time we stay in Harriman we worry about the fireplaces and the stairs.  There was only one minor worry with the fireplace this year, but Luke and Hannah both fell down these cool twisty stairs at least twice before remembering to take it slow.  Luckily only minor bumps resulted.

Like father, like son.

This is how Luke got around.  

Clara did great on her skis!

Hannah only ventured out on hers this once and rode in sleds other times.  But I'm sure she will ski more in the future.

The family.  We are in the "quick-snow" as one cousin called it.  I wasn't risking falling in again, you can't tell, but I do have my skis on.   Mike had a hard time making it back to the groomed trail, but then Luke decided he couldn't make it and needed a ride too.  I was laughing so hard.  Mike fell in with every step and then had to basically toss Luke to the next step forward, pull himself out, and do it all over again.  Good thing it wasn't too far.


So here I have to admit, I didn't take any of these photos.  Aren't they beautiful!  Pat and Kathy took these.  Mine had a hard time downloading, they aren't nearly as stunning, and I took them with my phone.  But I love the peace and solitude you feel out there.

This photo cracks me up.  We were cleaning out the house and I told the girls they could eat anything they could find.  They got so excited.  Hannah packed up for the ride home.  She had english muffins, an apple, trail mix, lemonade and I can't remember what else.  The amazing this is, she actually ate it.  She has been such a picky eater lately I thought there was no way any of it would be eaten except the M&M's out of the trail mix.  But she was munching away as soon as we got to the car.  I guess I need to let her pick her food a little more frequently.
It was an amazing trip with great company. 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You have such a cute family! Im glad i found your blog:). Especially since you will be leaving us! The trip looked like a blast and you rock for hiking through the snow with the baby strapped on!