Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Seeing Hole"

Luke has taken to sleeping with a blanket over his head for nap.  I'm probably the only mother who still worries about her almost  3 year old suffocating because he's sleeping with a blanket over his head.  So when he asked me to cover his head before he falls asleep I started giving him a "breathing hole," which he interpreted as a "seeing hole" and is now an "eye pocket." I don't know if he likes it dark, or if it is more quiet this way, but it works.

Since Charlotte moved to her real crib, in Luke's room a few months ago, Luke started waking up at night when Charlotte would cry.  This hasn't been an issue for any of my other kids when new babies arrived.  We started feeling bad about the situation when Luke would growl at Charlotte when she woke him up.  We purchased a trundle bed for the girls bunk beds, and Luke has taken up residence.  So, yes we have our three largest children sharing the smallest bedroom.  I've insisted he sleep in his own bed for naps, because if he knows the girls aren't sleeping and are just having "quiet time" he won't sleep either.  But this may be  the reason for the blanket over the head at naptime.  Charlotte naps at the same time, but doesn't usually wake him up, go figure.

1 comment:

Joy said...

You have such a cute family! I love reading your updates :)