Leaving home on a long journey is always hard. We've been blessed to stay in SLC during medical school and most of residency. Having family close by has been wonderful. We will miss everyone and plan on keeping the path to family and friends well trodden.
We were very fortunate to sell our home in SLC and my parents were kind to let us stay in their basement until we moved. I had a little time off after graduating and before leaving. We tried to take advantage of that time going to some of our favorite places.
I finished my second marathon. Much stronger than last year. My time was about the same for the second wasatch back marathon, but the course was much harder. I finished 7th overall (out of about 70) and third in my age division.
Charlotte has been an excellent traveler, but our first days in Oregon were rough. Luke got sick on the airplane and Heidi traveling alone had to hold Charlotte in her lap while holding the vomit bag for Luke. We initially were supposed to close on our home on Monday the day after arriving, but the roof wasn't finished and had to be finished before our lender would approve the loan. So we were stuck in a hotel with a bunch of sick kids. Fortunately, only Luke vomited, but at one point I asked all those with diarrhea to raise their hands and all hands were raised. One night at a restaurant I picked Luke up and ran to the bathroom as he left a line of projectile vomit. Sorry Elmer's. The closing date on our home got delayed until Thursday because our lenders constantly asked for additional documentation. I cannot in good faith recommend Keybank, but I'm still grateful they offered us a loan. We felt much better after finally closing, but then our movers didn't show with all our stuff until Saturday night. At least they didn't show up before we closed with no where to put our belongings. The boxes are now mostly unpacked and we are settling in.
We have managed one day trip to the redwoods and the beach. In the redwoods Clara said, "I think I'm going to like Medford."



No comments:
Post a Comment