Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weird things...

There are a few things here in Oregon that I'm still trying to get used to.  The first is that I can't pump my own gas.  I have to hand my credit card to someone to swipe for me, hand it back and then proceed to fill my tank, while I wait patiently in the car.  I guess in bad weather it'll be nice.

The next thing is this.  Why...
It spills more, not just when my kids pour it, but me too.  At least it's only the milk sold at Costco.

Then there are these little beauties.  They are considered a weed. Himalayan Blackberries. I guess the do grow on some pretty crazy bushes with nasty thorns and spread like crazy, but plenty of people plant Pyracantha bushes and they are just as nasty if not more so and they don't have delicious fruit.

 
Seriously how can you hate something that turns into something this good.  We had been picking them at the vacant field down the street until recently, when that bush was removed. So we've found another great bush on the roadside by a large orchard.  It's not walking distance but it'll have to do.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Little sympathy here--at least you have a Costco.