Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just Right

Ever have one of those crazy days that ends just right?  Today was one of those days. It started a little crazy, yard guys coming to try to tame two very unruly trees.  Then got a lot crazier, took four kids to the dentist. Mike got off a little earlier than usual, so I decided I hadn't had enough crazy and we hooked up the new bike rack, loaded 4 bikes, threw the bike trailer in the car, and grabbed sandwiches.  It was SUPER crazy getting out of the house, and multiple times I thought, "why are we doing this?"  But then that moment occured when we were gliding down the BearCreek parkway as a whole family as the sun sank a little lower, the weather was perfect, probably mid 60-70ish, and everyone was enjoying the moment. Sweet old couples smiled as the walked by our crew, and even chuckled as the saw how many we had tagging along.  Hannah has only been riding without training wheels for a little while and had to walk a couple hills, but we all could have gone longer had the daylight continued and there was no school in the morning. We got back to the car and the kiddos splashed in a small creek as Mike and I took turns wrangling the bikes and bike trailer back into place, and I could't help but be grateful and happy.

No comments: