Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Story time continues...


This little one looks like a sweet heart, and she is.  Oh, boy does she keep us on our toes.
One night as we were all getting ready for bed I found her coming out of the kids bathroom sucking on the toothpaste tube.  Yuck!  I was worried about fluoride poisoning but she proceeded to toss her cookies that night and I figured she took care of the problem.  She will still suck on any toothbrush she can find.

She did learn to put her own shoes on, even if they are just her crocs (that's part of the reason I love crocs).  But she also will put on any other shoes she finds even if they are in a closet and proceed to discard them elsewhere in the house always leaving us scrambling for shoes.

But her latest crime...Mike and I were finishing up dishes one night (even with good helpers there is always finishing up to do), the older kids playing computer for a min before we had to leave for a Pi day party, and Miss Lottie was playing on stairs near the big kids.  We look around the corner to check on her, and find the front door wide open.  The older kids still oblivious right next to the door playing on the computer and Charlotte is GONE.  Panicked I called for Mike.  He took off up the street and I down.  No sign of her after 4 houses (how far could she get? how long had it been?).  I double back and Mike looks over his shoulder and she is walking down our next door neighbors' walk.  She was behind a bush the first time we passed.  I really wasn't long, but it definitely got the adrenaline up.
How to solve these problems?  She doesn't get it yet.  The shoes, well that's usually just funny, a bit annoying, but funny.  The toothbrushes and toothpaste are no longer being kept in the top drawer. But the front door?  I try to always keep it locked, but occasionally (kids and their friends coming and going) it doesn't happen.  I guess we may have to bring out the Christmas bells and make them a permanent feature.


1 comment:

Shay said...

We have the shoe dilemma here too! Usually she prefers my shoes, which stinks when I have to go hunting all over the house to find a pair. Thankfully my Avery hasn't left the house - Scary! I have nearly lost her a handful of times due to her wanting run off at stores. Gotta love the toddler curiosity!