Mike and I have been lucky to make some great friends here in Spokane. We recently were able to bike the Hiawatha trail with the Engars. They have a 3 year old as well that Clara adores. It makes everything more fun. The Hiawatha trail is on the Montana/Idaho boarder about 2 hours from where we are, it is an old rail trail. The trail is an easy 17 mi. all with a slight downhill grade the whole way. We were at the bottom before we thought we were even half way. Among the highlights of the trail were long tunnels (Hannah did not think these were a highlight, she screamed through the first few, but then got use to them) one is 1.7 mi. long and it down right chilly in there. We also loved the bridges, with amazing views.

The girls. Clara loves to make faces. She even got her own head lamp in the tunnels, but she prefered the flashlight. Hannah really doesn't like her helmet, we thought she would be happier without it. We need to find one like Clara's for her, it is flat in the back so she can rest her head all the way back.

This is the long tunnel, and Mike pulling the girls through it. There was water dripping down the walls, and even on us every now and then.

The end of the tunnel. Hannah was glad.

See, I went too. It was really beautiful. This is the bridge we took a lunch break on.

This really scared me a bit. Clara is looking off this huge bridge, there really isn't much too hold her on.
2 comments:
Nice! It really looks like you guys are taking advantage of everything there is to offer up there! It looks beautiful! It seems like you make everything a "grand adventure" and that's what I like! Maybe you could teach us a few things. I need a little adventure in my life still!
So much fun! Every time I read your blog, I'm more and more convinced I need to spend more quality time in Washington.
Post a Comment