Friday, September 5, 2008

Preschool at last!


Do these crazy kids look ready for preschool?

That's a little more like it. Clara and her best bud Tatum are in the same preschool class. It's so nice for Clara to have someone she already knows there. She and Tatum play so well together. School will be great.

Clara has been anxious to go to school for well over a year now. She keeps seeing the big kids go to school and really wants to be there too. Mike and I can get her to do just about anything if we can convince her you have to be a big kid to do it. She is especially thrilled because afternoon preschool twice a week means no nap on those days. After her first day she was wiped out, but had a great time. She didn't want to talk about it much, except to say they had a snack, played babies, and she didn't get to write her name.


Clara with her new teacher. She was very disappointed when she woke up this morning and didn't get to go to preschool today. I guess I didn't explain very well that it's only two days a week. She kept asking when it was her turn to go again.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow - I can't believe Clara's going to school! She has grown up so fast and is so cute. I'm glad she is so excited about it!

Shay said...

Heidi, you have a preschooler! This just blows my mind. She does look so grown up. What cute kids you have.

Andrea said...

Heidi,

Not sure if you remember me or not, I found your blog through Danielle's. Your family is sooo cute! I am so glad that people have blogs! You can check out ours...andrewmathis.blogspot.com

It started as a blog to keep family and and friends updated on our son's heart condition and now it is our family journal.

Glad to see you are doing well!

Andrea Cook Mathis

Shawn and Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn and Ali said...

I can't believe she is already that old!! She looks really cute and happy.

Jeana said...

Ben just started preschool as well. He goes Tues and Thursday mornings. it is funny how true it is that you can get them to do practicaly anything if it involves them being 'big to go to preschool' :)