We often let Clara play "Elmo's World" on the computer. She is really good at opening the internet and clicking on favorites to find the Sesame Street page. From there she can navigate to the games she wants to play. Hannah has been interested in Clara's games for a while now. She would watch patiently from a chair beside Clara and occasionally try to push buttons, much to Clara's chagrin. So recently I found the two games or so that Hannah can play on Sesame Street. She really enjoys them. She gets to push any key to play peek-a-boo with Elmo or any letter for Elmo to tell her a word that begins with that letter. She gets a little excited at times and starts pushing buttons that I would rather she didn't, but it's not hard to remedy things when she does this. She has gotten excited about the power button lately and has often turned her game and the computer off. Again, not really a big deal.
But this morning she caused problems. The computer was in hibernation and Hannah wanted to play "Elmo." So she started pushing random buttons. I didn't think much of it until Mike went to turn on the computer this afternoon and got the message that NTLDR was missing (whatever that is) and the computer wouldn't finish turning on. We tried everything we knew how to do, but ended up having to call the computer tech support and spend almost and hour on the phone with someone from India, who luckily had better English than the last person I spent hours on the phone with from tech support. Luckily she was able to fix the problem, after several failed attempts, and save our files. I guess I really should back things up more frequently, in case Hannah gets creative with the buttons again.
2 comments:
Cute little Hannah!!!! You have gotta love kids!
We keep talking about backing up on an external hard-drive, but keep putting it off. It is amazing how much stuff is saved on your computer that you would hate to lose! Last week Tage ripped the keys (yes, keys) off of Lance's work laptop. Luckily, he was able to switch out keyboards! (Hence we aren't as trusting of him as you are Clara. Smart girls!)
Post a Comment