
Yesterday I went to my 36 week check-up. My dr. likes to do an ultrasound at 34 weeks if the insurance will let her, to check the size of the baby. She was out of town at 34 weeks so it didn't happen. She said they would schedule an ultrasound for me and get back to me. In the course of the appointment she realized she had never been sent my 20 week ultrasound results so she said she would get those as well.
I got a phone call after I got home and had the ultrasound scheduled for the next day (today) at 8AM. Then the Dr. called and said that on the first ultrasound the ventricles of the brain were borderline enlarged, which could mean issues. She told us not to worry, that they would just recheck it and it was probably nothing. It was only borderline, and she really wasn't that worried, but just wanted to let us know. But of course for a hormonal pregnant woman, I worried. I let Mike know at work and he started researching what this could mean. So when he got home, we tried not to worry, together. After the girls went to bed he gave me a blessing and we felt like it would all be ok.
This morning, after the rush to get out the door and get the girls to a very kind friend's house (thanks again Amy), I made it to the hospital for the ultrasound. I wasn't sure if Mike would make it. He is doing an internal medicine rotation and that is when they round. But he had a very kind senior who let him come and a med. student who was going to present his patients for him.
The ultrasound tech was very good and really informative. She checked the baby very thoroughly and told us everything looked normal and great. The ventricles didn't look enlarged at all. Everything else seemed like it was formed well as well. The radiologist came and gave it a quick look and confirmed what the tech had said. We were so relived!
The baby already has a lot of hair and long eye lashes. The only thing they told us that was a little worrisome was the fact that this baby is measuring 7lb 10oz now. We still have 3 and a half weeks left. If this baby gains at the normal rate of half a pound a week...well you do the math. He may not make it until my mom gets here on the 5th, in fact I'm not sure I want him to anymore.
9 comments:
I am so glad that everything is ok. And good luck with that big baby...
He looks great! I'm so excited to meet him! I'm happy you and baby -- and everyone else -- are doing fine. Get that kid here.
I am so glad everything turned out ok. He is going to be so cute and "big!" We are so excited to see him!
We are glad everything is ok and will keep you in our prayers.
I'm glad everything is okay. It's good that Mike was able to come with you. When they thought C had stopped growing, it was really nice to have Ryan there at the ultrasound. I can't believe you're that close to your due date, good luck with everything!
I don't think anything is scarier to me these days than an ultra sound. I fear them! Can't wait to meet your baby. I'm so glad everything looks good.
I'm glad that everything is okay - I hate it when they scare you like that! I can't wait to meet the little guy - long eyelashes and lots of hair - he'll be adorable!
What a relief Heidi. Man I hate the worrying and waiting game. So glad everything's OK. It really makes you appreciate good health when you have an experience like this. Beautiful boy!
Hey guys,
I am learning how to respond. I had a great time up there. Happy Mother's Day Heidi!
Love,
G. Kathy
Post a Comment