Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He's here!

Luke is here. He got here quickly. He was almost 8 pounds, 7 pounds 15.5 oz. He was 19.5 in. long and is doing great. He is a really sleepy little guy right now, but can really cry if you change his diaper. The girls seem to like him, but are mostly excited about having grandma here for a little while. Mike suprisingly gets about a week for paternity leave! We were not expecting it at all. His program coordinator visited us in the hospital and let us know. The girls are so busy playing with grandma and Mike, that there isn't really all that much time for a new baby. They love to hold him when the get the chance and touch his little fingers and toes. We are so glad he is healthy and we couldn't be happier with this content little guy.



15 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I'm glad everything went well.

Sarah E. said...

Welcome to the world Luke! Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! How very nice to have a week together as a family with NO work!

Alex said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little guy! Andy and I can't wait to meet him.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! He looks adorable. I'm so glad he is healthy and you are all enjoying time together for awhile.

Shay said...

I am so glad everything went well. (By the way, I like your new side bar, very cute) Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Kara said...

Congrats! I hope you get some rest while you have your mom and husband's help. Enjoy every minute and take care!

Betsy said...

Yeah! Welcome baby Luke! He's adorable. I've been checking daily for pictures. And the girls look so cute with him. I'm so excited for you guys to move back home!

Betsy said...

I forgot to say: Heidi, the hat looks great and very masculine.

Britt said...

We are so excited to meet him in the near future.

Becca said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful, so glad everything went well!

Mandy said...

Congratulations guys!!! We are so excited for you. He is so cute!!! I can't wait until we get back and can come see him.

Marie aka Grams said...

Fabulous, and very welcomed news. I'm happy Grandma E. gets to bond with the little guy. She is the all time ultimate best grandma. Luke is a great name, and a new one to the English family. Congratulations. We're looking forward to meeting Luke in person very soon.
Marie and John

Danielle said...

Congratulations - he is such a cutie! I'm so glad everything went well and that Mike gets some time off. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you guys!

FarrEver Family said...

Such a cute little guy. I still haven't gotten to hold him, but I will...I will!
I love the Furious Five! You are acreative chick Heidi!

Jayne said...

Yay English Family! Congratulations. He's beautiful. So glad that all is well and that you had some extra help for a while Heidi. Love, the Ekins