Friday, April 10, 2009

Projects...

It's Easter yet again. So I tried to grow wheat grass yet again. I haven't been successful in years past. I'm not sure why. It's supposed to be easy. This year, it finally worked. I think it's because I have the girls to remind me to water it. We put faces on the eggs so it looks like hair. The girls were very excited to see their "hair" growing. Maybe we will have to give it a "hair cut" too.



The other project I decided to do, which Mike reminds me is unnecessary, was to make a new car seat cover for the baby. There really is nothing wrong with the old one, but I wanted something new, and I'm trying to use my fabric stash and "refashion" clothing pile (all the old clothing with holes, we grew out of, or were headed to goodwill that can be made into something else.) So the fabric for this was leftover from a blanket I made for the baby and PJ's for the girls, and an old pair of linen pants.


This is the old cover that there really is nothing wrong with. I kept it underneath for extra padding and incase I need a spare while the new one gets washed.


This is the sunshade made from the linen pants and biased tape.


This is not a great picture, but here is the picture of the cover. I thought it turned out ok, for my first try. The biased tape on the cover, I made out of the pants as well, is not perfect, and the cover for the seatbelt release is a little crooked. But these things may or may not be fixed with time. (Clara wanted to be in all the pictures this morning)

2 comments:

Stapley Clan said...

Hey Heidi, your car seat cover looks great. Ryan also rolls his eyes at my "not necessary" crafts, but they make me happy none the less. When are you moving back?

Danielle said...

That is awesome! I can't believe how crafty you are. You have to promise me you'll share some of it with me when you get back to good ol' Utah!