Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Fun



It's been a while.  I've been dreading trying to catch-up, so I'm not going to.  But here are some of our most recent winter adventures.   
 We've been playing a lot of dress up lately.  A great indoor activity in the winter, especially when someone brings Hawaiian skirts back from Hawaii.  Poor Luke loves Buzz, Woody and Jessie, but all we have to dress up in is pink cowgirls hats and boots, but he doesn't seem to mind. 
 Mike built a tee pee with the kids.
 Luke loves his Santa hat, still.

 We built a snow arch today, it lasted until we came inside.  I don't know if someone knocked it over (it looked pulverized) or it just wasn't very structurally sound.


Mike and this kids found a dead magpie in the backyard the other day.  Personally I wouldn't have been able to put it in the garbage fast enough.  But they made a little memorial to it with tail feathers.  It is very pretty.
 Luke loves to eat snow, so I am always grateful when there is fresh snow and I don't have to keep him out of it. He'll eat it any way he can get it.
We went sledding up Thayne's Canyon with Sarah and built these little snowmen on the way up.  It was hard to get a picture because mischievous little Hannah kept knocking them down.

Mike sometimes brings chocolate when we hike/sled in the winter.  I feel like the kids are little birds asking for more.  So far, winter has been great.

1 comment:

FarrEver Family said...

You guys are an awesome family always doing amazing things! You were the best part of my Spokane experience. I miss living that close so that you can help me entertain my kids with your fun ideas!