Yesterday as we were walking to school we noticed worms on our driveway after the recent rain. We saved a half dozen by putting them back in the garden before I realized we would not have time to rescue all of them or we would be late for school. I didn't realize how many worms were out yesterday! Clara counted over 147 on the way to school and I noticed at least a 100 more that she didn't count (we had to keep walking as we counted so we weren't late). She kept telling me we should save them to go fishing with grandpa. Last time they went she tried to find worms in the garden and couldn't find any. Hannah decided on the way back it was a "worm day" which sounds the same as "warm day" when she says it. She rescued two more huge ones to put in the vegetable garden. She said they felt like "flubber" as she carried them home.
Clara had big plans as it kept raining yesterday about all the worms she was going to capture on the way to school today. She wanted me to bring a mason jar to put them in so she could save them for fishing. I let her know we would have to leave really early to be able to pick up worms on the way to school. But what a suprize when we woke up this morning. No longer worms and giant puddles, but mounds and mounds of snow. Which is also very fun. I guess worm hunting will have to wait for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment