Sunday, October 2, 2011

Better Than a Broken Leg

Heidi sent me a text on Friday, "Do you feel like suturing?"  I called Heidi to discover Luke had mysteriously cut his forehead at the store where Heidi was shopping for clothes.  At this early juncture in the story I think it is appropriate to point out that this is a powerful lesson for Luke and poignant reminder for me: Shopping For Clothes Is EVIL!

Unfortunately, the cut was on Luke's forehead below the hairline.  Memories of suturing up some brave and some very squirmy kids in the Deaconess Emergency Department back in Spokane made me hesitant.  I am very grateful for Heidi's uncle Dave Thomas who is a plastic surgeon and was kind enough to meet us at his office.  I held Luke, who was pretty brave, while Dave put in a few stitches.  He received "a BIG dragon" for being brave in the face of adversity.
Clara and I have been reading Harry Potter #1.  Luke's cut isn't quite a lightning bolt but I'm worried a little bit of evil may have rebounded off the clothes store and attached itself to Luke's scar.  Maybe it will burn when his mother tells him he needs to get new clothes.

No comments: