Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rainy days

I've been killing time on Pinterest lately.  Not that I really have tons of time to kill these days, but I try to justify it by thinking of it as stress relief and possibly helpful.  I've been looking at ways to make a new home better, decorating ideas I like, birthday party ideas...we have two coming up really soon, and my favorite...things to do to keep the kidlets occupied and happy when life is crazy.

This one goes against everything I've been striving for lately, cleanliness.  But Hannah and Luke loved it.  So I thought I'd share.  It would be a good outside activity, less clean up, but it was raining.  And if they can go outside, I don't need things to entertain them usually.

(it's out of focus, I know)

It's kind of like moon sand, it you've even used that.  The recipe called for 1 C baby oil and 8 C flour.  I only had a 1/2 C of baby oil on hand, so we made half a recipe.  The only trouble, it was a good mess.  At least it smells good.  An inspector is coming tomorrow with the people buying our house, I'm sure they will wonder why everything is coated in a fine white powder. Oh, well at least it will smell nice.

No comments: