Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bittersweet

I'm feeling a little melancholy today.  We sell our house today.  I am very grateful especially in today's market that we are able to sell it, but I'm sad to be leaving it.  It definitely has it quirks.  I'm not sure many house that are almost 60 years old don't.  I've complained about them my fair share and yet, I'm still sad to leave.  I was taking the garbage cans to the street today and doing another last walk through it's empty shell.  It totally reminded me of that part of You've Got Mail.  The one where she walks through her store one last time and remembers twirling with her mom.  I was remembering all the twirling, tag, forts, dancing, playing and late night chats that went on in that house.  We've only be there about 5-6 years and I'm sure Mike's mom has even more found memories of when she was a child in that same house doing some of the same things.  I'll miss it.

We have very kind family to let us live with them while we are in transition.  We are hoping to hear from the short sale we put an offer on this week.  But for the time being we can't help but feel a little homeless.  The kids are doing well, Clara will finish school this week and Hannah finished last week.  We watched the movers load our belongings into a giant truck at the end of last week, and after being reassured we would see them again, the kids said good-bye.  I guess it's one of the easier "good-byes" we will have this summer.  Family parties this weekend and hiking with cousins made me realize how much we will miss.  It'll be hard.

On the brighter side, we have a fantastic place to live temporarily. We have family all around and a summer just waiting to happen.  There are tons of adventures being planned near our new home.  A great job waiting for us.  And the knowledge that we are going where the Lord wants us to be right now.  It will all work out.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, we definitely know what that's like. I cry every move, and I can only imagine it gets tougher with kids.

Lindsay said...

SO many adventures ahead for you guys! how exciting! good luck with all of it.