Monday, August 27, 2012

Swimming

Swimming class was a hit this year.  We took a session with cousins before we moved, at a great pool where the youngest kiddos can play in the toddler pool while the older kids take lessons and I get to sit around chatting with great company.  It's always a good time.  We recently took lessons in a different setting.  It was at a family's house (everyone seems to have pools here) and their grandma taught the lessons.   We are use to teenage life guards teaching and they do a great job, but "Mimi" was amazing.  She is quite strict, much to a one of my children's dismay, but my kids have learned so much so quickly.  It was quite amazing.  Hannah went from not really wanting to put her face in but doing it, to pushing off face and head in and kicking to the teacher, jumping in and bobbing up and down for fun. She can even dog paddle and almost free style.  I know, basic, but it's new to her.  Luke is full head in and almost to dog paddling and this is his first summer of lessons.  Clara went from getting around ok, taking breaks by standing up to breathe, to being able to swim the length of the pool free style, back stroke, elementary back stroke, breath stroke and beginning side stroke.  The teacher is very attentive to the swimmers' form.  I feel like I learned a ton just listening to her teach them.  I can't wait to get into a pool to try it out.

No comments: