Just before Christmas we got a snow day. Fun even if it all melted in an hour or two.
The girls and I got to see their friends preform in the Nutcracker.
Everyone loves to help make cookies for Santa.
His favorite are chocolate chip, incase you were wondering.
We were celebrating Christmas Eve and we were out a little late. She stole the baby from the manger and fell asleep in her dad's arms.
Christmas Morning
I love my kids, and I love Christmas break, but I was worried...two weeks is a long time.
We made a "bucket list" or sorts.
There were plenty of small things to keep us busy.
"Play American Girl Dolls
Play Sharks
Go to the kids museum
Go to the park
Go to the mall playground
Go for a hike
Go swimming
Go sledding
Build a playmobile city
etc"
We were able to do quite a few. A couple pictures to accompany some of the activities...
Playmobile City
Sledding
No snow in our yard, but we only had to drive about 20-30 min to be in 2+ feet of snow.
Mike got a new phone that allows you to see the picture your taking. Luke loved it.
Charlotte was a little nervous going down the hill, but she doesn't like slides or swinging either.
Clara got to ride solo for the first time and loved it, despite falling off the sled a few times.
We had some friends over for thumb wrestling and paper airplane contests. We celebrated EST this year. It was great.
New Year's Day
After all the worry about keeping kids busy during the break, I was sad to take them back to school. We had such a great time. Hope your Christmas and New Year's were as amazing as ours.






1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love Luke's face in the sledding photo- so funny! We actually have those same bells (I got them a few years back) and it has become our Christmas eve tradition to play Christmas songs together on them. The kids love it.
Post a Comment